Friday 13 November 2009

I know what my day will be like...do you?

Hotdog and ice tea... A simple meal, yet it's so satisfying. In a world where anything bigger, more expensive, more extravagant and with more bling is always better, have we forgotten about the simple things in life? Those cups of $1 coffee that they sell at the coffee shop, instead of those 'designer' coffee... plates of chicken rice that cost 3 bucks (complete with a side dish of soup) instead of a 4 course meal.... have we been fooled into thinking that the more expensive something is, the better is its quality? Things need not be expensive or complicated for it to be good. Just like life...to me the simplicity of a relationship is the best thing there is... having that someone to talk on the phone with, someone to laze around on a Sunday morning and get the Sunday papers with and eating a simple breakfast of pancakes and syrup. Simplicity in life has it charms that sometimes can be forgotten, especially in a world where every 'reality' series tells you that complication and drama is what sells, that if your life is simple and if you don't go through the day without having to deal with a cheating boyfriend, or a back stabbing friend then your life not worth living, that it has no value but I've grown to realize that craving drama is a sign of immaturity, I should know, I was there (not so) many years ago. But since I've been here and started my know life, I've grown to appreciate the simplicity of my life. To be able to wake up next to the same person everyday, to have dinner at almost the same time, to know what my weekend was going to be like...it may all sound so mundane but I prefer to refer to it as simple and simplicity will never go out of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment